Search More

Our Blog

What Forms of ID Do I Need?

Posted on January 27, 2015 by Jason Hayes in Our Blog

Cruise ID Requirements

This is not a question I get asked, but I wish more people did. This is an issue I have to deal with every Sunday: picking up customers at 4pm at the Port of Galveston because they were denied boarding. They did not have proper identification, sometimes bringing nothing at all but their driver’s license.

Identification To Have on Your Person

Two forms of identification

  • Valid State ID
  • State issued Birth certificate(with raised seal) Or Passport
  • Green cards and various other documents if were not born in America.
  • You can go to carnival website and read more TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION

I found one website that states that all you need a certified birth certificate. The fact is you need a STATE ISSUED BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH RAISED SEAL. I had a customer from Maryland whose son had his birth certificate from the hospital, with a raised seal, but it was issued by the hospital. So his son was denied boarding and the man was out over $2000.00 because he did not have the proper documents.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us review our page of frequently asked questions.


Jason Hayes

Jason Hayes is known as the parking lot guy. He is the owner, shareholder and manager of multiple parking companies, including EZ Cruise Parking, the leading cruise parking company in Galveston, TX. When Jason is not on the parking lot or in the office, he’s either at home working in the yard or playing with his family.


Comments are closed.