Tips for Making your Galveston Cruise Worry Free
On any given day, up to 3,000 people may come through Galveston in order to embark on a cruise. This means that you’ll need to do some prior planning if you are to make setting out on your Galveston cruise worry and hassle free.
- Don’t over pack-one regular-sized suitcase along with one carry-on bag should be sufficient to get you through the entire cruise
- When you arrive, you may have to wait a bit before your cabin is ready. As a result, pack any essentials you may need in your carry-on bag in order to be on the safe side.
- Check with your cruise liner ahead of time if you plan to bring alcohol on board. Wines are usually allowed; however, beer and many hard liquors are often prohibited.
- Avoid bringing prohibited items, to include fireworks, flammable liquids or weapons of any kind.
- In order to avoid excess waits, plan to board your ship about an hour before the end of the embarkation window. That way, you’ll have a cushion in the event the unexpected happens, yet won’t have to wander the ship with your carry-on luggage too long. You can possibly avoid some of the longer lines as well.
- Be advised that smoking is permitted only in designated areas, and that you could be subject to a $250 fine if you are found in violation.
- Most cruise liners have a generous policy when it comes to bringing non-alcoholic beverages on board the ship with you. Bringing your own soda can save you a great deal of money, and many cabins have refrigerators for you to keep beverages in as well.
Perhaps the best piece of advice we can give you is to reserve a safe parking spot near the port in order to ensure your vehicle is not broken into while you are gone. Here at EZ Cruise Parking, we have plenty of space available in our well-maintained and secure lot. To reserve a space for your next cruise, contact us.
Latest posts by Jason Hayes (see all)
- A Seven Night Cruise out of Galveston not Enough? Try “Butterfly Cruising” - February 1, 2015
- What to Pack for your Galveston Cruise? - February 1, 2015
- Booking a Last Minute Galveston Cruise? - February 1, 2015