What to Pack for your Galveston Cruise?
So you’ve made plans for a Galveston cruise, and are wondering what you should bring with you. Here are some pointers to ensure you have what you need, but are not overly burdened with too much luggage.
Clothing and Accessories
You’ll need some basic clothing no matter what time of year you’re traveling in. A few pair of mid-length shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes should be sufficient to get you through your trip. You’ll also need a swimsuit, cover-up and flip-flops for lounging around the pool in.
An evening dress that may be designated as formal, semiformal or resort casual. Before embarking, you should check your ship’s itinerary to find out what type of dress is designated for different evenings. For formal evenings, you’ll want to bring the type of attire you would normally wear to a formal “black tie” affair. Semi-formal attire for women would be dresses made of soft, silky material, while men should wear an elegant suit and tie, but avoid coats with tails on them.
Aside from clothing, you’ll need to ensure you have the right personal items, and some nice things to bring include:
- Small backpacks or totes to take with you on ports of call
- Cameras and video cameras with extra batteries
- Books and book readers
- Toiletries and sunscreen
- Over-the-counter medications such as motion sickness pills and pain relievers
- Sunglasses and large-brimmed hats
- Over-the-door shoe bags for storing toiletries and shoes in
- Foldable duffle bags for transporting souvenirs back home in
You may also want to check with your cruise line to see if they allow you to bring your own soda and bottled water, as purchasing drinks while on board the ship can be very expensive. Avoid bringing your own liquor, as it is likely to be confiscated by crew members anyway.
By packing properly, you can ensure your cruise is as pleasurable as possible, and can also save money by not having to purchase necessary items on board the ship. You can also enjoy your cruise worry free when you park your car safely in our lot. To make a reservation, contact us.
Latest posts by Jason Hayes (see all)
- A Seven Night Cruise out of Galveston not Enough? Try “Butterfly Cruising” - February 1, 2015
- What to Pack for your Galveston Cruise? - February 1, 2015
- Booking a Last Minute Galveston Cruise? - February 1, 2015