Car Cover & Carport Parking
I often used to wonder why most people like car parking covers over carports and now I know why. It’s because a car cover protects from the sun and salt air all day long, not just part of the day. I have customers tell me they like carports because they protect from hail, but in the ten years I’ve been living in Galveston it has not hailed once.
Both car covers and carports have their merits; that’s why people usually prefer one over the other.
Let’s take a look at EZ Cruise Parking’s Pros and Cons.
Car Cover Pros
- Protects from salt air, grain elevator debris, and sulfur plant emissions.
- Keeps the hot Galveston Island sun off your car.
- Keeps the interior of your car cooler.
Car Cover Con’s
- Having to put it on and take it off (which takes mere seconds).
- Keeps the sun off your car part of the day (about 2 to 4 hours).
- Easy to drive into and park quickly.
- Your vehicle still gets rained on.
- It only protects your vehicle from the sun part of the day.
- You still get debris on vehicle from grain elevator debris and sulfur plant emissions.
At the end of the day I still prefer parking my car with cover on my vehicle instead of using a carport. I won’t say car covers are perfect or better than carports; I just prefer using car covers.
Latest posts by Jason Hayes (see all)
- A Seven Night Cruise out of Galveston not Enough? Try “Butterfly Cruising” - February 1, 2015
- What to Pack for your Galveston Cruise? - February 1, 2015
- Booking a Last Minute Galveston Cruise? - February 1, 2015